We believe that every Christian can and should agree on the following:
- Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. He is our only creed. There is no other written statement to which people must pledge allegiance. The Bible is revered as the message of God from heaven. Each person is encouraged to read it for himself. The deductions and opinions that he derives from this study do not constitute tests of fellowship.
- There is one God, Creator of Heaven and Earth. He exists eternally in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who are one in essence and equal in power and glory. (Genesis 1:1, Romans 1:20)
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (1st Corinthians 15:1-8, John 3:16)
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God – a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. It is without error and is the infallible guide for our lives. (2nd Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105)
- Every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. This sin, and the alienation caused by it, makes union with God by human effort impossible. (Romans 3:23)
- Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. Salvation is available because of God’s love for his creation. (John 3:16)
- Baptism by immersion demonstrates our obedient faith while it also depicts our union with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection to cover our sins and give us new life. (Romans 6:3-7)
- The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to evangelize the lost and edify the saved. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Jesus Christ will one day return and will forever reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. (1st Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- Tomahawk Christian Church has but one enemy – Satan. It is our intention to regard every child of God on earth as our brother or sister; to treat them as such and to receive them as God has received us. So we invite all of you to come and find a haven of rest among us. We exist for the good we can do and for no other reason.